The mission of the Alumni Association is to facilitate continued leadership and professional development opportunities and build a network of alumni to address challenges facing agricultural, environmental, and human sciences.
All alumni from the LEAD21 program are considered members of the Alumni Association.
Click here to read the alumni association’s by-laws.
Inaugural LEAD21 Alumni Association Annual Meeting
February 21, 2019
The inaugural LEAD21 Alumni Association and Professional Development Conference will be held in Washington, D.C. on February 21, 2019. Over the past year, we have been working toward creating an event that will allow LEAD21 Alumni to catch up with classmates, network with new colleagues, and enhance skills through a professional development opportunity.
In addition to this great opportunity, the graduation process for LEAD21 will take on a new face this year offering more of a banquet style to the ceremony including a keynote speaker (to be announced). All alumni are invivted to attend the graduation ceremony to show support and gratitude to the program that has given us all so much.
Below, you will find a breakdown of the fees as well as the list of events for the event. Registration and payment information will be included with the upcoming LEAD21 Alumni Survey scheduled to be sent later this fall. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Brad Greenfield via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional Development Conference / LEAD21 Alumni Luncheon: $150.00
- Professional Development Conference / LEAD21 Alumni Luncheon and Graduation ceremony with dinner: $250.00
Tentative Agenda for Thursday, Feb. 21
- 12:00pm: Buffet Lunch and Introduction to Alumni Association
- 12:30pm – 1:15pm: (Working Lunch) Plenary Discussion with USDA Program Area Leaders – “Facing our Grand Challenges in Agriculture and Natural Resources”
- BREAKOUT A
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm: Q & A with USDA Program Area Leaders
- 3:00pm – 5:00pm: Writing Impact Statements, Working in Multi-Institutional/Disciplinary Teams
- BREAKOUT B (Dependent on interest)
- 1:30pm – 5:00pm: Story Telling Workshop
- 6:00pm: Reception, Banquet Dinner, Keynote Speaker, and Graduation Ceremony
To update your contact information, please contact Kristi Farner at email@example.com.
Alumni Association Board Members
Chair: Brad Greenfield, University of Tennessee
Vice-Chair: Karl Maxwell, USDA-NIFA
Secretary: Jeff Sherman, Oregon State University
Education Committee Chair: Roy Yanong, University of Florida
Development Committee Chair: Dawn Burton, Texas A&M University
Grand Challenge Committee Chair: Brian McCornack, Kansas State University
Member Relations Committee Chair: Brian Kowalkowski, College of Menominee Nation
Advisory Committee Chair: Courtney Meyers, Texas Tech University