The mission of the Alumni Association is to facilitate continued leadership and professional development opportunities and build a network of alumni to address challenges facing agricultural, environmental, and human sciences.
All alumni from the LEAD21 program are considered members of the Alumni Association.
Click here to read the alumni association’s by-laws.
Inaugural LEAD21 Alumni Association Annual Meeting
February 21, 2019
The inaugural LEAD21 Alumni Association and Professional Development Conference will be held in Washington, D.C. on February 21, 2019. Over the past year, we have been working toward creating an event that will allow LEAD21 Alumni to catch up with classmates, network with new colleagues, and enhance skills through a professional development opportunity.
In addition to this great opportunity, the graduation process for LEAD21 will take on a new face this year offering more of a banquet style to the ceremony including a keynote speaker. The speaker for the graduation dinner is Keni Thomas. You can learn more about him on his website: http://kenithomas.com
All alumni are invited to attend the graduation ceremony to show support and gratitude to the program that has given us all so much.
Below, you will find a breakdown of the fees as well as the list of events for the event. Registration and payment information will be included with the upcoming LEAD21 Alumni Survey scheduled to be sent later this fall. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Brad Greenfield via email at email@example.com.
- Professional Development Conference / LEAD21 Alumni Luncheon: $150.00
- Professional Development Conference / LEAD21 Alumni Luncheon and Graduation ceremony with dinner: $250.00
Tentative Agenda for Thursday, Feb. 21
- Noon: Buffet Lunch and Introduction to Alumni Association
- 12:45-1:15 pm: Updates from Grand Challenge Action Teams
- 1:30-3:30 pm: Writing Impact Statements, Working in Multi-Institutional/Disciplinary Teams
- 3:45-4:30 pm: Committee Meetings – Discussion about Education, Development, and Member Relations
- 4:30-5 pm: Alumni Association Business Meeting
- 6:00pm: Reception, Banquet Dinner, Keynote Speaker, and Graduation Ceremony
To update your contact information, please contact Kristi Farner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni Association Board Members
Chair: Brad Greenfield, University of Tennessee
Vice-Chair: Karl Maxwell, USDA-NIFA
Secretary: Jeff Sherman, Oregon State University
Education Committee Chair: Roy Yanong, University of Florida
Development Committee Chair: Dawn Burton, Prairie View A&M University
Grand Challenge Committee Chair: Brian McCornack, Kansas State University
Member Relations Committee Chair: Brian Kowalkowski, College of Menominee Nation
Advisory Committee Chair: Courtney Meyers, Texas Tech University