Thank you for your interest in participating in LEAD21!
Information for Applicants
- Application Preview (PDF-2022)
**This is a condensed preview of the application to prepare applicants as there are several essay questions allowing time to draft for final submission.
- Applications for Class 20 will open fall of 2023
The program fee for participants is $10,000. This fee cover 17 days lodging at sessions, most meals, distance learning, faculty/facilitators, and educational materials.
Travel (flights or mileage) and other expenses (some meals, pre/post session lodging) are the responsibility of the participant and/or the participant’s supporting institution.
What to Expect
- Applications submitted after November 15 will be put on a waiting list.
- Administrators will receive approval forms in December.
- Applicants will receive acceptance letters late January.
- The participant’s institution will be invoiced for the registration fee at the address indicated on the application once acceptance letters have been distributed. Please do NOT include payment with the application.
- Substitutions for accepted applicants who unexpectedly cannot participate must be made no later than February 15.
- Session I preparation packet will be received in March.
- Participants must commit to attend and participate fully in all three on-site sessions of LEAD21 and independent learning experiences as determined by you and your campus administrator.
LEAD21 announces a limited number of scholarships to encourage participation mainly from 1890, 1994, Territory, and 2008 institutions. The Recruitment and Application Committee of the LEAD21 Board of Directors will determine award amounts, which may vary but have typically covered 50% of the registration fee. NIFA will make awards directly to the participants’ institution via a Cooperative Support Agreement.
To be considered, applicants must request scholarship assistance through the online application form.